Continue to commune with greatness.

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Dear Jane

America feeds on the hopes and dreams of it's young. This 21st centry warfare is unlike any we have ever seen simply because we have females out in the field. All wars have taken their toll on young relationships and this one is no different. It always sucks for someone to leave you it never feels good especially around Christmas. I know a young female SGT who is in love with some guy back in the states and it has been over a month since the last time she talked to him. The guy changed his number (isn't this the first clue), his sister won't pick up the phone when she calls, the guy hasn't written or even sent an email. I mean how hard is it to shoot an email saying

"Bitch I'm izzout!"

It's sad to me. I mean if you have someone out here and it's not working out then you need to at least have the heart to tell them. People live for that bit of communication with their old lives. The least you can do is be enough of an adult to give them closurer. Like I said in the beginning it's better to question why someone is with you as opposed to why they left.


She was talking to me as I passed by and of course how women do she wants to explain the entire relationship. Once she said she hadn't heard from the guy in a month I'm thinking

"Ok, soooo why are we having this conversation, I think you need to move to the next stage of grief. Denial is about to buy some property in your mind if you don't get it together."

Now, that's what I THOUGHT that thought came out as

"Hmmm, I don't know sometime guys can be forgetful when it comes to writing and stuff."

Yeah I lied, sue me. She needed someone to lie to her face at that particular moment. Hard truth is not something you want to dish out to someone who can't realize after a month the guy is out AND they have an M-16.

It's sad, I mean for all these people stuck out here this holiday season. But, the way I see it she isn't the first and won't be the last.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home