Continue to commune with greatness.

Friday, February 18, 2005

Can't complain.

This week has been a particularly good week for me. I’ve been running the shop by myself while Ken Obi went on travel. I was able to hook up with the Lost Boys and get a whole lot of big ticket work that we hadn’t been able to finish up done. It feels really good to clear up your books, especially when you don’t have a back up around. Today was the first day in a while I’ve gotten a full day’s rest and I worked out, which I hadn’t done in two weeks more or less, and took a nice shower (there was no one in the shower so it was all for me). On top of that today was the first day since I’ve been here where I didn’t have to put on long johns, a three-piece suit, gloves, hat, boots, jacket, overcoat, turban, and a space heater to go to the bathroom. All and all I’m feeling pretty good today and you should too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brown Shuga ,when attempting to communicate with greatness, said...

Dag...I didn't know it was that cold over there. For some reason, I always pictured it being hotter than a mug over there. I was wrong. From the sound of it, it's been colder than a witch's tit over there!!!

Friday, February 18, 2005 1:29:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown ,when attempting to communicate with greatness, said...

A desert is defined as a place that is barren or desolate area, especially:

1. A dry, often sandy region of little rainfall, extreme temperatures, and sparse vegetation.
2. A region of permanent cold that is largely or entirely devoid of life.


The key here is that it has little rainfall. Anyone in Phoenix can tell you that it can get hot in the day and cold at night. A dry area means it's short of humidity which means you don't have cloud cover. It is cloud cover that keeps surface heat in at night and the devistating effects of the Sun out during the day. If you don't have that it is very hot in the day during the summer and then very cold at night in the winter. When I was on travel I had to stay in a place where it was about 10 degrees outside at night we were sleeping on the ground and our tent had a draft.

Friday, February 18, 2005 1:41:00 PM

 
Blogger Brown Shuga ,when attempting to communicate with greatness, said...

I'm sorry to hear that. Poor baby!

Friday, February 18, 2005 5:07:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home