Continue to commune with greatness.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

The standard six.

  • 1. Are you scared?


  • 2. How long will you be there?


  • 3. What does your family think?


  • 4. How much does it pay?


  • 5. Can you carry a gun?


  • 6. Are you sure you aren't scared? I think you are. (I know that's not so much a question but more a statement)


  • So here are my answers -

    1. No, I'm not scared. We all die, I've don't have any family or anyone in my life to speak of so it's not like I'm leaving anyone behind. Also, you also have to be able to conceive the danger. Right now I can't conceive the danger I have nothing to base that danger to. That doesn't mean I'm not concerned for my safety that just means that I have nothing to compare the danger to. Now then the next time I'm in a war zone I'll have something to go on.


    2. 6 months/180 days.

    3. They don't like it however, I'm sure they will get over it.

    4. It is more than sufficient. You don't really think I'm going to give you a real number. Let's just say with proper money management skills I'll never be in debt again and that I'll be able to buy anything I want in cash.

    5. My company’s official policy is that we are not authorized to carry any weapons. We are there in a support role and we are not war fighters. That being said that doesn't preclude me not learning how to use and operate a weapon. Bottom line is that my priority is to stay alive and if I were ever to find myself in a situation where I need to use a weapon to stay alive then so be it. I'd rather be fired than buried when I get home.

    6. No really I'm not scared. I'm concerned but not scared ask me how I feel three days after the fact then I'll let you know.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home