Continue to commune with greatness.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Maybe I shouldn't have had the French Toast.

One thing that I have learned around here is that you eat when you can, sleep when you can, and shower when you can. You never know if that may be your last chance to do that for a while. Well, Javier and I were on our way back to his base (we work at two different bases) I had gotten up early that morning and one of the Marines at the outpost we were at acquired some chow. He said he got an extra plate for me since I was up. I open the tin foil and it's scrambled eggs and French toast.

I'm not much of a breakfast guy and on top of that I'm not fond of eggs and French toast but, I knew that we were going to be flying out today and when you fly you never know when you are going to go or how long you are going to be in the air. Unlike most flights they don't have a meal service. So I said let me eat right now and I'll be ok.

BAD, BAD, VERY BAD IDEA our bird arrives and it is a CH-53 usually I fly in a CH-46. The reason I say this is because 46s have more ventilation than 53s. So we hop on the bird Javier and I find a nice spot to the back of the bird everything looks like it will be on easy street. After we take off the first thing I notice is that it is really hot (I haven't realized that we have been banking almost the whole time we have been in the air). Well next thing I know this pilot starts hitting evasive maneuvers, they do that from time to time to be less of a target or when they get into a "free zone" they can maneuver freely. Me personally I think they are some sadistic bastards and want to see how long it will take for someone to puke. I know that's probably what I would do if I was the pilot. Think of being on one of those rides like the Flying Dutchman. So this bird is rotating 90° and the guy that was straight ahead of me is now 10ft/3m down from me then banking then rotating 180° from where it was. Now the guy that was 10ft/3m down from me is now 10ft/3m on top of me. Next thing you know you I'm hot as hell and my stomach is bubbling like a son of a bitch. My eyes roll in the back of my head my throat starts undulating as if it wants to let it all lose and on top of that my sphincter starts to quiver. I am in a bad spot and there is nowhere to go. I look around and I see that I'm not the only one everyone’s face has gone pale. Everyone on the bird is about to start throwing up. I added a new reason to talk to God which is God, please don't let me throw up and crap on myself at the same time. The worst part is that you are covered in body armor and you are shoulder to shoulder so you can't move.

This went on for maybe 10 to 15 minutes I mean we are going back and forth, up and down. I'm quite sure it looked really cool outside but, from in the bird it was horrible, on top of that people start farting all over the place and because there isn't much ventilation we got farts hanging in the air, which made me even more sick. I almost thought I was going to lose it but, then the bird started to right itself, if I were Catholic I'd thank the patron saint of helicopters. I can tell you have never seen a scramble like the one we did to get off that thing. I didn't blow chunks but I only ate crackers for the rest of the day.

2 Comments:

Blogger one_eyed_jack59 ,when attempting to communicate with greatness, said...

Oooooh! Man that had to be a tough tough day. It’s bad enough when you start to get that queasy feeling in your stomach but when the ole sphincter starts to quiver it’s just too much for the human body to handle.

Once that starts to happen you break out in that sweat and like you said you don’t what to shit yourself while trying to down the previous meal.

Just chill and don’t eat at the chow hall for the next day or so and it should pass. Hope your feeling better now.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:00:00 PM

 
Blogger Brown Shuga ,when attempting to communicate with greatness, said...

Aww man. You didn't tell me about that. Eeeeww! That sucks. LITERALLY! I'm glad you mad it out in one piece.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:24:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home