Continue to commune with greatness.

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Discovered!

At work my blog has been a bit of an open secert at least to Shen Long and Ken Obi. It's kinda like Rock Hudson being a ragin homo or Michael Jackson being a real poon hound on the down-low. Well if you get any email from my Google account then you will see the location of my site as my signature, no big thing. I usually use my military address when communication in theater and that address I NEVER give out. It is for work only not even my family know my military address. However there are times when I need a file or something and I will go off the military network to get it. These things are always NIPR (Non-Secure Internet Protocol Routing) basically that means that anything on that network is not classified.

If I ever need to send something to a co-worker or to a Marine and I HAVE to use my Google account then I will rip the signature out. Not that I have said or done anything wrong or bad but, I suspect that I have not wanted to feel pressured to self-censor myself.

Well one night I needed to shoot Ken Obi a file quickly so I used my gmail account and I forgot to rip the signature out. Well, I didn't think much about it and I went to make a headcall. When I came back I saw Ken Obi reading my blog. Talk about shock, I stood there in terror at the realization that someone who actually knew me, that actually knew the events, that actaully knew the timeline was reading everything. I found myself in a weakend postion because of my carelessness. I sat in my chair nervous as hell. Part of it was because I was caught and the other part was becasuse I've never actually watched someone read my work. I didn't know how he would react to my uncensored opinions about things we had experienced and if he would find funny what I found funny. If you have been here you don't have to dig too deeply to figure out who I'm talking about on the Rogue's Gallery.

Well he read the blog for about an hour and I mean he was deep into it suddenly, he breaks into this uncontrollable laughter. I mean he is coughing, wheezing, red in the face, doubled over and when he attempts to explain what he is laughing at he just starts laughing again. I think it took him two days to tell me what entry he was laughing about with a straight face.

The good thing was that he enjoyed my blog which was the most important element because he lives it just like I do and he make it know to me by his actions that he was going to let me keep my open secret. That most of all meant a lot to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home