Continue to commune with greatness.

Monday, November 22, 2004

How to be successful in the Military Part 1: Learn how to hurry up and wait.

Well today was a wash. We were supposed to get our orders when we got to base but they didn't arrive. Without that we counldn't do a damn thing. So we are just stuck at the camp with nothing to do and no contacts. On top of that it is Thanksgiving week so pretty much anyone that can help us is now on leave. So we call our boss and he says that we need to head on back to Phoenix and on top of that the Marines cut their funding on the project so one of us will go on the project and one of us will have to take another project somewhere else in Iraq.

My partner loses her mind she starts asking me what job do I want to take and how long this is going to hold us up. I'm say, "I'm not taking any job anywhere until I know what it entails. If I were you I'd just calm down until we get into the plant tomorrow. There is nothing we can do from here and we aren't going to get complete intellegence on this stuff until then so just relax."

So we hot tail it out of the hotel and get the next flight home. Part of me is glad because I get a little bit more time with my people and I can handle some more affairs but, the finance part of me is pissed. I'm thinking about all the money I'm missing out on by having this trip delayed. Another part of me is concerned because we won't be traveling with the other FE and the idea of going to Iraq solo scared the hell out of me. But, what can you do?

Right now it's just good to be home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home