Continue to commune with greatness.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Sick as a dog

Oh I was sick as hell two days ago. I was suffering from what I would consider lack of oxygen from all the smoke from the guys next door. I'm telling you guys that came back from the first Desert Storm that said they had Gulf War Syndrome I think were really suffering from the cacogenic effects of all the damn smoke in the air. On top of that I had some Iraqi "milk" well I don't know what beast it came from but that stuff had to be 99.9% lactose. It had my stomach cramping up something awful. At first I thought I had a hernia because I was lifting some boxes earlier in the day but I couldn't move I was so sick. So between the two I had to head to my room and lay down after about 6 antacid tablets and 6 hours of sleep I feel much better. I don't think I'm going to mess with that milk again.

1 Comments:

Blogger one_eyed_jack59 ,when attempting to communicate with greatness, said...

Last time I was in that neck of the woods we were told not to touch any of the local milk or vegtables.

Since I was AF and in maintenance we would meet the planes on the tarmac and raid the them taking any milk that the troops left in their box lunches (I know it sounds nasty but when you haven't had any milk in several weeks you'll do anything). That stuff was worth its weight in gold.

But I never did drink any of the local. As you said you don't know what animal it came from!

Saturday, January 01, 2005 2:14:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home