Continue to commune with greatness.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Today started off as a really nice day

I would say the temperature was about 75/23 really nice day. People were in an unusually good mood today and I put most of that on the weather. Guys were out playing football and everyone was really in a good mood. The other thing I remember was that it was quiet almost too quiet I know that is cliché but, that’s the only way I can describe it today missed the normal hustle and bustle of the day. I was in the office let’s just say hypothetically, playing videogames not really doing much. Then all of a sudden BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM!

The sound obviously didn’t come from the direction of where the EODs usually come from. Everyone in the office area froze for about a half a second then they kick into action.

We went outside and looked around on both ends of the office.

“You see any smoke,” one Marine asked that was down the hall from me.

“I don’t see any from here.” The Marine that was next to me replied.

We all looked around but we didn’t see any telltale smoke from inside the compound, at least where we were. We didn’t get any reports of any injuries or fire damage and can only assume that the rockets overshot and landed somewhere outside the camp.

We all chatted for a minute about randome stuff and then we went back to doing what we were doing. Things like that are over before you know it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home