Continue to commune with greatness.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

I'm feeling romantic

I'm just in a real romantic mood right now, I don't know what came over me. I just want to be romantic with myself (not in that way, silly) I just came back from the store I picked up some Dave Hollister, some Angie Stone, some Syleena Johnson, some Jill Scott, some Al Jarreau (what you know about that Al Jarreau Youngblood?) and of course I had to get that Ultimate Isley Brothers. Got those CD, ripped them to MP3, kicked my feet up on a cot in the office and then I just let the sounds take me away.

Maybe it's just me but sometimes I just get in a mood to just hear that sound. What I like about those artists is that they sing to the listener. Alot of these new style R&B singers are a bunch of wanna-be-thugs. I don't need 'hip' in my singers I need someone that can talk straight to the listener. A singer that makes you feel like you are in that situation or Syleena Johnson is real good at that. But, all these artists they really relaxed me and put me in a mood. What people don't know is that in real life I'm a romantic motherfucker but my mind has to be clear for me to think that no job, no school, no bills, no worries.

For a moment I saw myself back at my house, tunes bumping softly in the background, pitch black with just a single candle in the room that makes just enough light to make the shadows dance eroticlly in the corners. A clear moonless night sky with the stars reflecting of the pond in the backyard and there I am chillin' in my favorite chair shoes off sipping on some cognac just letting the vibe flow.

That's romantic.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy ,when attempting to communicate with greatness, said...

That is romantic!

Monday, April 11, 2005 6:19:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home