Continue to commune with greatness.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

This is Tommie - Sports.

The only time that kids wanted to be my friend was during sports or PE. I was fast I was always the fastest kid in school and my brother was second. I remember when we lived in St. Louis my Dad would take me down to the Gateway Arch and near it there was this promenade and there were a bunch of kids there. In hindsight I think it was some sort of underground kid racing racket. He would let me race against the other kids around and they were all from the inner city but, I'd beat them all. Except this one kid, he would always beat me by a nose. I could never beat him, my Dad used to laugh when we would go home I think he was proud of the fact that I kept trying. I don't know, I just know that kid kept beating me and I was mad. I never beat him.

In school the kids loved me when I was on their kickball team or basketball team or whatever. I think the one thing I got out of that today is that I don’t care for people that live their lives via ESPN. Those people wouldn't give a shit about the Black Men if they weren't shooting their balls or running their yards. That's why I was glad that basketball player Rot Artest jumped into the stands and beat the shit out of that fan. Those people are the same people that didn't want to be my friend until they wanted to win their games. My Dad picked up on that and he didn't want me playing sports. He didn't want me to be their Sambo.

-Time Out-

I think this is a great time to explain to my friends that are not of the Black American ethnicity (Africans don’t count) what we call hood rules. Hood rules are basically the Violent Holy Wrath of Murphy’s Law. The thing about Hood Rules is that its application is totally random and can jump off at anytime. The only way you and I can hope to avoid it is PCS: Practice Common Sense.

Let’s take the example of the hapless simp that got pummeled by Artest. Now then those of you that don’t know the application of Hood Rules sit back and say, “Well he hit the wrong guy he should have hit the guy threw the beer on him.”

Fuck that! Hood rules bitch! Guess the fuck what? If he didn’t want to get hit he should have been doing a little less laughing and a little more pointing. Hood rules state that when it going down both you and your man are going to get it. Because he didn’t PCS he is got his shit pushed in on national TV.




Now then how could he have avoided that situation? PCS, would you laugh at a 6’ 12” Magilla Gorilla looking nigga at the club if someone threw something at him? Fuck no, what you have done at the club is shut the fuck up and move out of the fucking way.

Same thing here don’t let the environment lull you into thinking you are safe. Hood rules can go into effect anywhere at anytime. PCS can help you so use it. In my stories you will see several events where Hood Rules come into play.

-Time In-

The one time I that I was mad that he pulled me was when we lived in Okalahoma. I was on the track team and there I was the fastest on the team. I was on my way to being a star. I think the coach had plans of making me his main stud. The one problem I had was that I was failing Spanish. The way I saw it I didn't need it anyway. Everyone around me speaks American and it's not like I'd ever live anywhere where I'd actually need to use it.

The coach was more than willing to "take care" of my problems in Spanish, but my parents weren't having any of that. My Dad came up to track practice and pulled me in the middle of practice. That was my last time in any sports. I still think we would have been rich and famous had he let me run track. Oh well, I'm still going to be rich and famous just a different route.


- This post is spliced approved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home