Continue to commune with greatness.

Saturday, November 27, 2004

I'm a rich N.W.A

Well today I went to see my lawyer and had my will drawn up. It was a simple enough process and I encourage everyone to do it. You own more than you think and you want your children to go where you want them to go and not be wards of the state.

My Mom went with me; I have to say she is a strong woman. I mean who wants to think about their child making plans for their own demise. She puts up a strong face but I know she is going to pieces inside.

Later on that day my brother, sister-in-law, and I hit the stores so I can buy gear for Iraq. Figuring I have no clue what I need I decide to take a basic stab at it. I really wanted to just my brother to go because I wanted to talk to him about some things I wanted to do but, that didn't happen like that. At any rate we are going from store to store and I'm just buying all this stuff. I get to Old Navy and I'm buying my clothes for this trip. I'm just picking up stuff and then slapping it on the counter, I'm not really thinking that I've made a gang of purchases in a different city than my home city and it's the beginning of the Christmas season so after sprees at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and Big 5, the guys at corporate decide to end the party at Old Navy. My sister-in-law said that when I started hauling stuff up on the counter the girl at the register called up the manager in their Old Navy headphones so when I came to the counter she was there to make sure she got a good description of this thief and his team of cronies. The girl runs the card and it goes bad she says I need to call the 1-800 number on the back. Well at this time they think I'm going to bolt even my scary brother gets twitchy. Since I know what the fuck I'm doing I ask my brother to hand me his phone at the counter. I talk to the person at the fraud department and the ask me about all my charges I tell them yes I made all those purchases in support of my mission for the company in Iraq. I need the lock on this card released ASAP. With in 5 seconds the card is unlocked and I'm able to continue my shopping spree. Finally the manager (who has her cell phone in her hand ready to call 911) finally speaks saying something like "It's really good that that they do that sometimes it's to protect you. It happens to my father all the time." and "I say it's really good you didn't call 911 wow wouldn't you be embarrassed."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home