Continue to commune with greatness.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

It's bizzare: why to people love to wallow in failure?

T.I. has a song out right now called Motivation this song really speaks to what I'm feeling right now. Well the word gets out that I'm back in town and people are asking T-Money if I am REALLY going to Iraq. I'm like what the fuck? Why would someone lie about something like that? This isn't like booking a flight to Boston I'm going into a war zone. Everyone needs to have their shit in order for me to go. I'm just a product you don't want to go to fucking Iraq and no one has a clue where you belong. So if it takes another week then oh fucking well. This is retarded if you ask me but, I can't let negative people bring me down. Besides it's not like they had the courage to actually ask me what was going on.

So I get into work and my boss explains the situation the Marines are short of cash and they only want one engineer. Personally I think they are squirrly about sending a civilian woman in to a major theater of combat. Now then that's just my thought I don't have anything to base it on. Also the Marines were upset about us sending so many FE on the same flight. We made a hell of a target for anyone looking to snatch us.

In reality the on the ground brain power would be out of commission. I suspect there will be some changes in policy but, policy isn't my area. After that discussion I felt a bit better about heading out by myself. I'm less of a target. At anyrate since we weren't supposed to be in town anyway I go home and get ready to head home for Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home