Continue to commune with greatness.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Marines, I'm not sure they are all quite human.

I'm not sure they are. I mean they were human once but once they become Marines they are replaced with something else. I think their soul is replaced something called absolute confidence in any decision they will ever make. That's cool when it comes to fighting battles but I can see this being a problem when I have to show them how do something. They don't yield...ever.




I'm going to have to find a way to massage their egos. Another funny thing about Marines is that they are ready to challenge anyone at anytime especially those of higher rank of Gunny. They all have a look to them like they want to get in your ass for not acknowledging their status. Hell, I'm a civilian I don't know the difference. I guess it's all about the swagger.



Also you get new terminology. You don't go into doors you enter hatches. You don't walk anymore you hump. You don't get something to eat you acquire some chow.

Well I give them my orders and then I get a list of places I need to go in order to get processed well you don't get a map of the camp until you get orders so I have to find my away around this place. I get a whole bunch of shots typhoid, yellow fever, TB and some other stuff I have no clue what I do know is that I'm queasy and I still have more to do. I do this for about 8 hours and then I decide that I'll head back to the hotel. It's time for me to get some rest, I've been moving too much.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home