Continue to commune with greatness.

Saturday, January 15, 2005

From the Peanut gallery - 01/15/2005

I want to thank you all for all the well wishes and condolences to my family in regarding my cousins’ loss. It was amazing to see the outpouring of support from people that don’t know me let alone him from around the world. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart and I will pass those well wishes to my Uncle and Aunt.

Q:
Where are you/are you ok?

A:
Yes, I’m fine. I held my own moment of silence for my cousin. I didn’t want to make any other posts until after he was committed to the ground.

Q:
Are you going to go to your cousin’s funeral?

A:
Unfortunately no, his funeral was set on a Tuesday and logistically it would have been difficult for me to get there. Of course they could have waited for me however, I felt that waiting on me would have held up the healing process for his family. The focus should have been on his memory and not when I was showing up.

Q:
So what's the set-up there Tommie seeing that you are on call 24hrs a day?

A:
Yes I’m on call 24 hours a day but I don’t technically work 24 hours a day or even 8 hours a day. Well, not “work” as you would define it. Our job here is support so if everything is working then we have done our job and they don’t need us. I don’t sit in the area that I support, I have an office on the other side of the base. Now then when I have to work I work. Sometimes there problems are really simple and other times they can be complex. Which it can range from 30 seconds to fix to 15 hours to fix. You never know what you are going to get when the phone rings.

Q:
Wow! I was reading your page and all these ladies just saying nice things about you. Well, well, well aren't you still held in high regard?

A:
Why wouldn’t I be? I’m a great guy I do my best to treat others with respect even when I’m not afforded that courtesy. If you are with me I will treat you like a queen if we are serious or even just messing around. I’ll take you to the best places, show you things you’ve never seen, and spoil you to the best of my ability. I’m like a magic carpet ride or a day at the amusement park. It is any woman’s duty who is with me to make me look good at all times that mean that I want her to speak well about me especially in the way I treat her. What good is having a man if he doesn’t work to make you feel worshipped? It’s all the same to me, it doesn’t speak to the person she is it speaks to the person I am.


Q:
Do you work from a computer in your room?

A:
No, our office is something like what you would consider an office/den in your home. We have two beds, a projector tv, a fridge, the internet, and a pantry for snacks. Half the reason I’m here all the time is that the movies and the Internet are here I could go to my condo but it’s just a bed. So I’m here about 90% of the time.


Q:
Do all the guys working with software work together?

A:
Depends on what you mean. There are several projects here from different companies so I don’t work with all the software people here. I couldn’t tell you half of what is going on here or what is what or who is who. I mean the guys that work with me we work together and we provide support depending on what level of issue it is. Sometimes you go by yourself and sometimes you go with another person. It all depends on what needs to be done.


Q:
What do you need? And don't be shy I been there before, every one needs something.

A:
Thank you for the offer and because you did offer I will take you up on it one day, just not today. To be totally honest I don’t need anything. We pillage all the stuff people send over here from anysolider as far as goodies go we are a-okay. The things I need (want) are things that aren’t going to fit in a box. Things I want are intangibles like the feeling of going 100mph/155kph, or the idea of Friday actually “feeling” like the start of weekend. For the most part I can walk down to the B/X and get pretty much what I want.


Q:
What you wrote about women is some good stuff... some folk might take you as being egotistical.

A:
I usually don’t say who these messages are from the people that write them know who they are but in this one I have to make an exception. This one came from my Mom and I have to say this my Mom and Dad are great people and great parents however they have yet to take responsibility for their actions in this. So now I’m putting it in the public arena for all to see. Mom, Dad I want you all to accept responsibility for making me this way. I didn’t just pop out like this. My superior confidence is a direct result of your parenting and now you want to deny that? Once you two accept the fact that you created me this way then the healing can begin.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous ,when attempting to communicate with greatness, said...

Hey man-
i finally got around to reading your blog. sorry, i've been busy.
anyways, i totally relate to everything you're saying bout being over here...the shower thing, all that. just wanted to say hi and that i hope you stay safe man.
-Foxmccloud (from G-A)

Thursday, January 20, 2005 7:15:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home