Continue to commune with greatness.

Monday, January 31, 2005

Live from Election Central.

Well the elections were yesterday and...nothing.

It was pretty bland day from where I was. I saw the elections like I saw the movie Daredevil. If I went in with lowered expectations then pretty much anything would be considered a success. I think this was a major victory for the Iraqi people not really for the elections per se but, the fact that Iraqi security forces were the public face and that they did a reasonably good job of protecting the people. The more that the Iraqi people see Iraqi security forces doing the job of providing security the better it will be for everyone. Now then how the elections will pan out I don't really think anyone can say today my magic ball says ask again in 20 years.

Another thing that I think helped the election that no one could control was the weather. It was a beautiful day outside, there was a slight breeze in the air. The weather was the kind of weather where you could wear a short sleeve shirt or a jacket and you would be comfortable either way. It was the kind of day where you would want to be outside anyway. People don't realize how much good weather affects your mood and outlook on the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home