Continue to commune with greatness.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Unexpected results.

When I first came up with the idea of doing this blog it was really a way for my folks to keep up with me from day to day. I really had no clue what I was getting into (regardless of my confident banter) and this when Fallujah was a much more violent place than it is today. It was an opportunity for me to take account of my life and kinda put myself in perspective also in a worst-case scenario I wanted it to serve as a eulogy. I didn’t want to die out here (or anywhere for that matter) and not be represented properly. I had a big fear that if I died people would be sending me up as some patriot that a true American who gave the ultimate sacrifice for my country and a whole bunch of rah-rah about how great of a guy I was or something like that. I wanted people to see me for the good and the bad most of all I wanted people to know I was a professional in all things and I always tried to do the right thing by people when I could. However I got this email the other day and I have read it over and over again ever since I got it and I wanted to share it with you all. This email has touched me and it has been so special to me. I know if I ever get to meet this person in real life I would just like to run up to her and give her a big hug and say thank you for listening. I see that this blog has become something else a way for people to connect with their own families and their friends and I’m proud of that.

The letter -

A friend of my husband forwarded your blog link a few weeks ago and my girlfriends and I have been silently following ever since. I wanted to let you know that your site has brought me to tears on a few occasions, not because the content is particularly sad, but because as a Mother I worry about my girls like crazy, and I think your site is such a great gift for your family to keep up with you.

I also feel as though I've learned a little bit about you. In emailing you, I thought I would just let you know that I have enjoyed keeping up with your adventures. Keep your chin up and stay safe.

Take care



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous ,when attempting to communicate with greatness, said...

TJ--

I'm really glad that you created this "BLOG" to give people a sense of what goes on. I wish I had this option during my tours overseas.

We go way back to the Gazebo days (boy I miss those days) so trust me on this, when you return, you will be much stronger than the average man, the average civilian. Mentally, you will be able to out think your peers/seniors in any situation. Within my current job people bitch/complain all day about anything/everything. I think back to sitting in the sand not sure when I was going to return and then all my problems seem to fade away. I then focus on the problem at hand. I'm sorry you had to face or see the things you have but use it as a learning base or some sort of positive energy, hell I don't know, but use it!

I'm proud of you for taking the sacriface to support the soliders/marines. Remember I got the first round when you return.

OUT!

Pelmore

Tuesday, January 25, 2005 10:37:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown ,when attempting to communicate with greatness, said...

Man the good old Gazebo days. Man you remember the toothbrush parties when we told all the women to come to the crib and don't bring anything but a toothbrush because they are going to be there all night? We won't talk about Nashville Keisha but, you know what time it is, I was JUST talking to someone else about that.

At anyrate hit me up with that picture of you. I have somethings I need to do and you are holding up my process. Only people I can depend on are Mike Chedda and Meechie Hustle. The rest of you guys are slacking.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005 12:56:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home