Continue to commune with greatness.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

So, How much do you make with a job like this?

Dear Marine,

In the civilian world it is generally in poor taste to ask someone how much they make. I know that you may be curious as to what I may receive in compensation. It may appear to you at time that I am not "working" as you define working and that my hours are not set such as yours. Well, I "work" in my mind. I'm always thinking of ways to improve the process to insure that you and your fellow Marines get the most up to date information and that the system is operating at maximum capacity. My job as it were is to be proactive and spot problems before they become problems. I'm here to help.

Could you get a job like mine? Sure, everyone can get a job like mine see all it takes is an interest in communications and/or computers (whichever you don't know you'll pick up, trust me) and an active war. If you have those two things going on then I'm sure that you could find employment with my fine company.

Also, I know that you hear stories from other contractors about how much money they make. I must admit they do make very good money for what they do. However, I would caution you against listening to people that are so loquacious about how much money they make. Besides being a bit uncouth, it reeks of pompousness; I’ve never liked people that brag on what they have or how much money they make. I mean it’s cool and all that they have done well for themselves and I’ll never be one to say don’t toot your own horn every now and again. But, bottom line is no one cares about your mink lined toilet seat covers from Italy. I think it’s more important to put stock in what you do in life. For some guys out here there is nothing more satisfying than being here serving their country. Be more concerned about what fulfills you as a person after that the compensation just becomes a plus.

That being said,





Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I'M RICH BIAAATCH"


This post is Socreges approved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home