Continue to commune with greatness.

Monday, January 31, 2005

My "first" time in Iraq

To comb my hair.

I haven't combed my hair or shaved since I've been here. Yes, for many of you out there that sounds wild to hear from me but, there are several reasons.

  1. I’m wearing a hat or a helmet all the time.
  2. I have no desire to get a military hair cut. When you look like a Marine they treat you like oneI’ve seen it happen. I have no desire to get chewed out for not being regulation by looking like a wild man they don’t make the mistake.
  3. They can’t cut. At least not how I like my hair at least.
  4. It’s not “sanitary” (to be fair it really can’t be) here. That is to say they don't have the disinfectants that they have in a regular barbershop and I’ve seen some guys around here with bumps on the back of their head that look like their heads were the testing ground for an NBC attack. No thanks guys, I’ll pass.
  5. I just got a comb.
Well combing my hair after two months was an “experience” my family knows that I’m tenderheaded. And going thru this tangled mess was indeed hard work. Brand new comb and I broke about 5 teeth.

I got A LOT of hair. My Mom is sending me a pick and then I’ll really know how it looks. I six months I’ll probably look like Ludacris.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maurice Mitchell ,when attempting to communicate with greatness, said...

Ludacris! Love the image man.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005 8:41:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous ,when attempting to communicate with greatness, said...

WOW Thomas how long are you going to keep the long hair.

Thursday, February 03, 2005 3:15:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous ,when attempting to communicate with greatness, said...

WOW Thomas how long are you going to keep the long hair.

Thursday, February 03, 2005 3:15:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home