Continue to commune with greatness.

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Talk about good news, bad news.

I was getting out of the shower and this guy was coming in. He was looking awfully chipper and we made I contact so I said, “What’s up?”

He said, “Shit man, my wife she hit the lotto yesterday man we won 250g’s man I can’t wait to get out of here.”

I was like, “Word, that’s tight as hell. So when are you slated to get out of here?”

He said, “Four months, I talked to my XO about taking some leave so I could handle my affairs but he said it would probably be denied. If I were in the states and won it and we were about to deploy then it would be different.”
I’m thinking yeah a guy just scores a ¼ million bucks, is in Iraq, goes home to his wife and his new money has a week or so in the lap of luxury. Dude you weren’t coming back. The other thing is anything can happen around here in four months. He also has to worry about his wife picking up a brand new pair of choosin’ shoes with that new money while he is out here. Man, that would suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home