Continue to commune with greatness.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Naps b gone

Again my folks are the greatest! My Pops sent me a package with a new camera, 200 gig hard drive, some games the wire first season DVD a webcam some headphones but, none of that stuff was important to me I dug in my boxes and found what I was looking for, my folks sent me 5 picks one of which is from Antonio's Manufacturing Inc. For those of you who don't know much about Afro picks in 1972 Anthony R. Romani patented the "cake cutter" every Black home had a No. 360c cake cutter. Hell, we had ours until at least the late 90's until someone "borrowed" it. But what you all probably know is the No. 532 pick. It is the pick with the black fist and the peace sign. All trendy today but, in 1972 it was a strong signal represnting pride, strength, and self-determination as well as oppostion to the Vietnam war. The pick is displayed National Afro-American Museum and Cultural Center in Wilberforce, Ohio.

OK that is really irrelevant. That's not what I thought when I opened the box. I grabbed the first pick I could and went through this woolly mammoth. Man, that pick spread those naps like a hot knife through butter. I felt like Jerry Curl in Hollywood Shuffle after they gave him back his activator. I picked my hair for about and hour and a half straight. I don't think you all know how that felt. As a matter of fact I'm picking my hair between typing.



Afro pick I love you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brown Shuga ,when attempting to communicate with greatness, said...

*clap* "Curl...curl. Rock it Jerry Curl!" No you didn't reference Hollywood Shuffle Tommie!!!! That is my sh*t! That is ONE of my MOST FAVORITE movies. I'm telling you, I know EVERY LINE from that movie. Well...damn near. As a matter of fact, I find myself wanting to say your name like this, "Taaaaahmeeee! Taaaaahhmee! You kilded my brutha. He was only brutha baybee. I loveded this dude baybee...." Wow....you took me back when you mentioned this movie.
Congrats on the picks!!! Can't say that I know how you feel. But I'm happy for you. hee hee

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 11:25:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home