Continue to commune with greatness.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Tommie Hu$tle: asshole

I have these dudes next door to me they are all cops, you know good old boy cops that came out here to ‘help the Iraqi police force’ but if they can pop a towel head or two that would suit them just fine as well. At any rate when Mahi Mahi was here we used to listen to music. I listen to rap music and not that mainstream 106 and Park bullshit. But, the real deal I listen to 666 Mafia, UGK, Too $hort, Webbie, Mike Jones, Eightball & MJG, Juve, Cash Money, if it isn’t South and it doesn’t have that thump then it doesn’t get play by me. It is what it is. Well them being cops they hate rap music so when we were listening to music not very loud mind you but loud enough to remind the cops that a Black guy was near by one of them came over and say you music is bothering everyone in the building and you need to turn it off.

Oh really, well it’s not bothering the two of us in here but, you know what I’ll be a good neighbor and turn it down a bit so you can continue working. But, I’m sure as soon as you get some Lynard Skinnard, Jimmy Buffet, AC/DC, Creed, or whatever bullshit you listen to you’ll be pumping it out to high heavens.

Well a couple of weeks later we were listening to music and mind you I had already adjusted it to a “comfortable to White folks” level but, of course they weren’t happy with that so what do that do bang on the wall as hard as they can. Turn that shit off asshole!

Ok cool we’ll turn it down again, whatever man.

So of course yesterday it happened the motherfuckers were over there playing Sweet Home Alabama loud as hell, and I mean loud and they were over there hootin’ and hollarin’ like they had just got first place for their prize pig Mrs. Biggels at the county fair. Now then I could have been Christian about it and turned the other cheek but you know what fuck that, Jesus didn’t have to listen to that bullshit. So I go over to their office and say hey guys could you turn that noise down I’m conducting business next door. The looked at me like I killed all their little fun. But you know what I don’t give a DAMN! If I can’t play my music you can’t play yours.

That’s right I’m a hater.

This is just an aside

This is one thing I’ve never understood about white people and maybe someone can help me out, but I don’t know if they even know. They are good for offering their advice when it’s not asked for.

I’ll be somewhere listening to my music or some rap music will come on and without fail someone is going to say to me “You know, I really don’t like rap music.”

Ok…I really don’t like tomatoes but, you don’t see my going up the produce guy at the store to let him know.

I suspect that what they are trying to emote is that they don’t understand why such music is popular simply because the content runs counter to the social mores that they hold to be self-evident, white people by and large are law abiding citizens who trust wholeheartedly in the goodness of their fellow man. They tend believe in the rule of law and the words that are spoken from duly elected leaders. White people by and large are optimists.

Blacks on the other hand have gotten a raw deal when it comes to the law, they tend to believe that the law really runs on a sliding scale (which happens to run light to dark) and their attitudes reflect that in Black popular culture.

On top of that White people are more in tune with words than with beats. They tend to focus on the words rather than the beats. Do you think it is the lyrical content from Uncle Luke, Master P, Lil’ Jon, Mike Jones, and the Ying Yang Twins that made them millionaires?

But, that’s all logical if you can’t understand why Snoop Dogg had to go to the party blaze some endo, smack up his bitches, then whoride on a punk bitch that was sect trippin’ then there’s really nothing I can do to help you start liking it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brown Shuga ,when attempting to communicate with greatness, said...

You were right. I totally feel you on this one. Totally.

Friday, August 26, 2005 5:12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home