Continue to commune with greatness.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Me and Mahi Mahi

Outside at his attempts to kill me in various ways he and I are both trapped on this sinking ship. The good thing is that we understand that the ship is sinking...quickly.

I think what a major problem here in this job is that people respect age more that they do skills. I guess it's a problem everywhere and the unfortunatley engineers tend to respect technical acumen more than they do personal acumen. Just becasue someone is younger than you doesn't mean they know less.

The young guys here have all noticed that from a mangement perspective that we are looked at as nothing more than pack animals and not thinking individuals. This quite frankly goes all the way back to the top. This is a difficult situation for me to be in becasue I work more with my mind and my skillset is directly related to working with people to get them to do what I need them to do. Some of the Marines here have noticed this and have started working around the power structure it is a good arrangement. The two of us get them what they need, they get happy, and we all live in bliss (for some ingnorant bliss).

Mahi Mahi and I have found this to be the case and when we operate on our own we are highly successful at getting the job done.

I'm telling you when I write my book you all are going to love the details.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy ,when attempting to communicate with greatness, said...

It's about time you decided to write a book. Jeez, how long has everyone been on at you about it?

I look forward to being able to say "I knew him before he was famous!"

Friday, July 15, 2005 8:46:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home