Continue to commune with greatness.

Friday, December 24, 2004

Most surreal moment in Iraq to date.

I'm here calmly working on a piece of hardware that is having some problems, my boss (more on him later) asks me if it is ok if we listen to Christmas carols (When did it get to the point that you have to ASK someone that?). The carols are talking about this is the most peaceful time of the year and Jesus is the prince of peace basic Christmas stuff he really has a good mix of Christmas stuff. While we are listing to carols they start shelling into town the tanks are right by my office so the whole place shakes and it's VERY loud. You know what after the first one I don't budge and keep tracing a wire from one end to the other. I've jumped harder when I've heard cars hit the brakes now I don't move when I hear cannons. I have now entered Crazyworld, this is too surreal to process. As for Jesus, he ain't here and he ain't coming until he can get some bodyarmor.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home