Continue to commune with greatness.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

And the world spins like my rims...



The best thing about this blog is that I have met a lot of people from all around the world and I love to talk to them all and answer what questions I can. The problem is that the world is on 24 hours a day so it’s always midnight somewhere and it’s always 8:00 somewhere else. I like to get back to people as soon as they email me simply because when people have to wait they worry. That means I’m always around. For example I was chatting with a friend of mine from Melbourne we usually have a window of communication that runs from 12 pm to about 4 pm and 4 is pushing it. Back in the States I usually get a flurry of emails starting about 4 pm and they last till about midnight. Then I get some from Europe that start around thankfully they are pretty much on “regular” time. You can also tell a lot about the patterns of a nation. In the States I get almost all my email during work hours. I get none during the evenings from Europe and from Australia I get almost all my Email during the weekends and nothing during the weekdays. It’s weird to pick up on patterns like that. I can tell that email has evolved in different manners in different parts of the world.



This post is Juicy J approved.


3 Comments:

Blogger one_eyed_jack59 ,when attempting to communicate with greatness, said...

It's weird isn't it. I mean your 8 hours from me and Melbourne is 16 hours. When I want to chat to someone in those zones I have to actually sit down and figure out the time difference. Ya know I'll actually think is Tommie on right now or Alyssa.

It's hard for me and my son now to hook up with him being 8 hours ahead of me. When he was in the states he was only and hour bhind and it wsa no problem.

But like you said with this blog I have met a lot of nice people from around the world and I don't mind making a sacrific to stay up and chat with them!

How are things going over there?

Jack

Saturday, January 22, 2005 4:33:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown ,when attempting to communicate with greatness, said...

Technically I shoud be off and Alyssa should just be getting on.

Generally if you hit the beginning of his day or the beginning of your day then that is the best time.
Go to this link it is great for doing time zones

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personal.html

Saturday, January 22, 2005 4:42:00 PM

 
Blogger Amy ,when attempting to communicate with greatness, said...

hey - I'm always here!!! I never really thought about the fact that I only email you on weekends... rather than it being an Aussie habbit so to speak (although it may be at present - it's summer here and daylight until about 8.30pm, so everyone is always out and about after work doing stuff), but for me it's because there are just too many people to talk to and not enough time!! One thing though, the time difference here makes it hard for me and most of my net friends (like Jack) to hook up a lot of the time which sucks.
But I must say, this weekend was a great one! Thanks partly to you ;)

Sunday, January 23, 2005 6:03:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home