Continue to commune with greatness.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Haven't had much to say recently.

Well, I haven't been inspired to post in the last week or so. I think the reason is that I have entered a state of ennui. Well maybe ennui is too strong of a word, I don't have the dislke of my job that ennui would imply. But, I think I have reached the point where being in Iraq is "normal". I mean this is my life, I get up get dressed, take a shower, get dressed again, go to work, do work, eat, do work, get undressed, and go to bed. Pretty much like people do in regular life. But, all of the events in the past that were whiz-bang moments are just a part of the day. I can sit here and listen to a crisis over the phone, get up, go to the site, do some peeking and poking around, press a button here, restart this, take this out of the generator, clean this and everything is back up and running.

I mean I like that feeling because I can go into someplace and fix something in a matter of minutes where my customer took hours to look at it. I'm just saying that I have noticed the change. When I first got here I was in awe of the system, I felt seperate from the system. Now I'm part of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home