Continue to commune with greatness.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Soon everyone will be here.

Well, it seems that my bother's brother-in-law is coming to Iraq to deliver fuel for Halliburton and I got an email from my buddy Spellmore it seems he got called back after being out of the Military for 2 years and he is coming back to the sandbox himself. While his email didn't indicate it I don't think I would be far off in saying he was pissed.

I think about how this war works and I know there is always that low tin foil hat talk about bringing back the draft. I don't know if they will need to or not. I mean look at my bother's brother-in-law and myself. You throw enough money at a problem and someone will come to solve it. As far as pulling back people into the service who have finished their "requirements" I would consider that a back door draft but, it's written in to the contract so...

I have been kinda mute on my bother's brother-in-law decision to transport fuel. I'm no fan of Halliburton. I don't like their business practices but, a dollar is a dollar I guess. The people here for Halliburton are contrators in the pure sense of the word. They are contracted to do a job and Halliburtion is contracted to pay them at the end of the contract the relationship between them is over. On top of that fuel is a high value target, his situation will be and is a WAY different experince than what I will be doing. Iraqis don't travel on Iraqi highways and they can read the signs. I have told my brother that I wouldn't do it if I were him but who am I to tell someone what to and what not to do in Iraq? If I had a choice of things to do, I wouldn't drive explosives around in a country where people regularly shoot at any moving vehicle. I guess that's the limit of my psyche.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home