Continue to commune with greatness.

Monday, April 18, 2005

Rogue's Gallery: 00013 Mahi-Mahi

Mahi-Mahi or Mahi for short is the latest FE to make it to Iraq. If you think real hard you can figure out the reason for his name. I'll give you one hint he is from Hawaii. He is a bit younger that me and is getting married when he gets out of here. The one thing I like to hear about is the reasons for us as FEs to come out here. I mean it's for the money but it's also always more than that.

Of all the FEs he is the most like me and probably the most compatible with Ken and I. Ken and I are like two peas in a pod, we have the same work ethic, same value system and same outlook on life. It's hard to find people like that. Mahi and I after working together I have found share the same traits and that is good.

The thing that was wild is that by talking to him and working with him I see how much I have grown as a person and a FE in Iraq. I realized that I had gained so much knowledge. I wouldn't say that he looked up to me but I can say he depended on my advice on what to do and how to do things. Which I guess comes with living out here. I mean we were both thrusts on a situation where neither of us knew what the fuck was going on but, still he defered to my "experience". That was a cool little feeling.

I wish I could tell you all more but, I would be violating several laws. Needless to say I'm going to enjoy working with him and if we have more people like Mahi and Ken out here my job is going to go a whole lot smoother. That is if Mahi doesn't kill me.

I'll talk more about Mahi in the next few posts, we had a long week together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home