Continue to commune with greatness.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The day I almost died.

Man, Mahi and I were working on putting a system together and we didn't have any male to male power connectors so what does any FE worth his weight do? I make them. I took an extension cord cut the lengths I needed. Then pillaged for some power cables that weren't being used and cut the male ends off and we started to soldier the male ends to the extension cord.

Well that all went cool and then we got to the process of testing them out with our makeshift multimeter (READ: an old fan that was in the room) it seemed that our cables were working fine so we decided to route power to all of our tables and stuff.

Before I finsh, let me give you all a basic course on how electricty works. The female end of a power cable is the output. That means raw power comes from the female end. That's why it's always recessed into the wall. That is so you don't endup blasting yourself. The male end is the input, that side is the "safe" side. So basically when you plug the male end of a plug into the female end of an outlet the electricty travels from the wall, through the wire, to the device you want to power and that cable suppiles electricity to whatever is at the end of the cable.

Well what we did was make male to male that means both ends act as outputs. So I'm holding the METAL end of the cable when Mahi neglects to tell me that he is plugging his end into a live circiut. The next thing I know I'm thinking man my hand is really tingling then a sharp pain hit my my finger and I let out a slew of obsenities that sound something like "whatthefuckholyshitmotherfuckergoddamnwhatthefuckwasthat!" dropping the cord at the same time. He was like dude, you holding that? Fuck man my bad.

I just got feeling back in my finger a day later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home