Continue to commune with greatness.

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Studio Magic pt 2

I have time to think so I'm thinking about Rumsfield's visit to Iraq on "Christmas Eve". Then I start thinking about the nature of time. For example right now for me it's 2:45 pm for you all it's 6:23 am. Unless you had a really hard time putting that bike together for little Timmy you were probably asleep when I wrote this.

So I'm thinking he got here around 5am on Dec 24 my time which is 9pm on Dec 23 the east coast and let's say he did 10 hours here and he left at 3pm which is 7am on Dec 24 on the East coast and then it takes roughly 13 hours to fly back East so he get back to the states around 8pm and gets home around 9:30 or 10:00 still in good time to make it to the President's annual Christmas party. Of course whey you all got up on Dec 24 and watched the morning news and it appeared that he was spending the day in Iraq for Christmas Eve and would miss Christmas in a glorious sacrifice of his own time for the troops. On a scale relevent to how you perceve time he was gone before Christmas Eve even started. If he gave joy to the troops that he saw (most of the troops I talked to didn't even know he was here) and he makes the faithful back home feel better then I suspect it is a win/win however....

Things in the mirror as further than they appear and even time can be spun for political advantage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home